Nov 2013

Nov 2013

try

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Wakesurfing in October

I wrote a sad post a few months ago about how I was super frustrated with wakesurfing (because I hate not being good at stuff) because it was a new sport for me... and I couldn't wakeboard because I had hurt my ankle.... it was very very frustrating.  However, the good news is I feel like I'm finally getting the hang of wakesurfing, which is SUCH a relief.  Granted, Jason still has way more "style" and skill than I do when riding, but in my defense he has been surfing for reals since he was a teenager.... so not a fair comparison ;).  For my first summer wakesurfing ever, I feel like I'm doing pretty good.

I made a short video of my last run on Friday night, and Jason's run on Saturday that I will post the links to below so you can access them.
Me:
https://vimeo.com/77369569
Jason:
https://vimeo.com/77365405

Jason and I thought we'd try to go two times this past week, but ironically only I was able to go on Friday night (because at first it was choppy, and then the sun was setting), and then only Jason was able to go on Saturday due to time restraints.... and due to the fact I might or might not have managed to get the surfing rope caught around the boat's prop. Whoops. Poor Jason was the lucky one to have to swim under the boat over and over trying to get it untangled. We cut one portion to give some slack (because it was just an extension that we have a replacement for) thinking he would then be able to simply unwind it. Unfortunately it wasn't happening that smoothly. After 20 minutes of continued diving under and then coming back up for air with me watching helplessly from the boat (and just keeping track of time to make sure he wasn't under for too long), Jason said in exasperation, "GIVE ME THE POCKET KNIFE!!!  I'm just gonna start cutting until it comes off!!!" He was about to dive back under and we look over and see the rope floating in the water. It had totally unwound itself. No Joke.  Talk about the Lord answering the unspoken prayers of our hearts!!!!  We were so grateful.


Anyway, in an effort to keep this post short I will have to write next time about our trip to Alabama to see Rocky/Joni and kiddos, as well as a scary experience with Leidy.

Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. I've never seen wakesurfing before. That looks so fun! And it was fun to watch the video with the cool music and the sunset in the background.

    ReplyDelete