Nov 2013

Nov 2013

try

Monday, February 4, 2013

Update #2---Leidy, Leidy, Leidy

Our current place is pet friendly, but we hadn't actually told them we have a pet yet because then you have to put down an extra $500 deposit.  SSSSHHHHHH.

It had been totally fine until a few weeks ago.  Leidy got so used to having us around so much during Christmas, that for the first two weeks back in Phoenix she had some serious anxiety when we would leave.

We had been leaving her in the bathroom because it is really long, so that she would have room to run around while we were gone.  Well, it was working out great until one day she must have had a melt down and did this to the door.
Great Leidy.  Thank you for making it painfully obvious to management that we have a pet.  Guess we get to put down (and lose part of) that $500 deposit now.  Awesome.

I felt bad thinking about leaving her in her crate, so we decided to give her one more chance being out and running around in the bathroom just in case it was a fluke.  However, we wanted to protect the door frames from more damage.  However, the problem was we didn't have and duct or packing tape at the time.... just the blue painters tape.  So before leaving in the morning, Jason taped down Leidy's potty pad, and ran the same blue tape along the three door frames in the bathroom.  Turn's out this was a BAD idea.
 
Rather than serving as a protectant, the blue tape served as an attention grabber.  I came home to this little stinker.
     *Potty Pad---totally shredded and attached to her tail, waving back and forth as her tail wagged.

     *Tape had been pulled down off of every door frame and left in a pile at the bottom of each door.

     *Little pieces of blue tape stuck everywhere.  Her face, her paws, her belly, her back.... and the    
       funniest part about this was she just acted as her same playful self, "Hi mom!  So excited to see
       you!"  Cue tail wag, wag, wag..... "Who, me?  Getting into trouble?  No way!!!  What's that you
       say?  I have blue tape all over my body??!!!  How the heck did that get there?!  It wasn't me!"

Up to this point I thought it was a little bit cute even though I was frustrated with her.  UNTIL I saw the door frame she had already chewed/scratched.... she scratched even more.  Not so cute any more.  Just made me angry.  And that was the end of the days when Leidy was able to roam the bathroom while we weren't home.  Now she is confined to her crate and just let out at Lunch time for a little bit, and then when we get home for the day.

The crazy thing is that by giving her this boundary (and because she doesn't mind her crate), she is SO MUCH better behaved even when she is out of her crate.

Something funny that she does, is as SOON as we get home and take her out, she goes straight over to her toy basket and pulls out EVERY SINGLE TOY.
 It's not enough to have one, or two, or even three..... she feels like she has to have ALL of them out so she can just jump back and forth between them.  I try to clean them up, but it's no use.  As soon as I turn my back from putting them in the basket, she is back over taking them out again.  LoL.  I guess it is good practice for having a toddler some day!

She seriously is a little too smart for her own good, though.  She comes running from WHEREVER she is as SOON as she hears a cupboard open in the kitchen.  She just knows that the odds of mom or dad taking compassion on this "sweet, cute, poor, starving puppy," increase exponentially when we are in the kitchen.
It has honestly made me a little self conscious though, because I have come to realize that truly, 90% of the time I go in the kitchen it really is to eat something! haha.

This was Leidy's first experience with a mini dill pickle when I was having a snack in the kitchen.  Dropped one on the floor... it was a goner. Leidy loved it, though!  Had to capture the moment. Guess she truly has some "Wyson" in her after all!
We also had Leidy spayed recently.  It felt so weird because she still feels like a baby puppy, but they said it was the best time to do it if we truly do not want to deal with Leidy's "Lady issues."  We had her drugged up for a few days to decrease pain.... poor thing.  However, the drugs had a negative effect on her too.  She took a dump in the house X2!!!  She has never done that since we got her as a puppy!!!  Good thing she had the "drugs" to blame or someone might have found this cute little puppy on their doorstep.  hahahaha. Just playing.  Kind of.......

But then I just remember moments like when I captured this video of how the cute little squirt learned to escape from the kitchen and it makes it hard to imagine our life, and how boring it would be, without her. (For journaling purposes: One day I was greeted by an un-housebroken puppy at the front door one day when I returned from work. I was freaking out because I had no idea how long she was out, nor how many accidents she may have had that just dried before I got home. She was so little I could not figure out how she had escaped, so I put her back behind the gate and waited with the camera until she made another escape attempt. Such a cute little stinker!!)


1 comment: