Nov 2013

Nov 2013

try

Thursday, May 16, 2013

It's about that time to post again.... part two

You know.... when I said part one over a month ago I really did have good intentions for there to be a part two.... so here it is.... one month later :/ ..... Part 3 to follow shortly

Continuing from before....
Update 4) My grandmother passed away :(
That was really hard because I have always felt like she and my grandfather were my only real connection between myself and my birth father who passed away in a car crash when I was 3 months old.  However, I can't say that I didn't see it coming. She has been suffering from Alzheimer's for a LONG time now.  Back in April 2012 I was nervous to go on my trip to Russia because she was supposed to die "at any time." .... so I guess I should be glad I was able to see her a few more times after that!  Each time got harder and harder though because her finite memory remembered me less and less. The thing that was the most difficult to accept was just the reality that people get old and their bodies continue to break down. I always thought that since I was her only direct biological connection to her son that she would forever love and remember me the most..... so when her memory didn't recognize me anymore it was a devastating reality.... but even the last time I saw her a few months ago before she passed, I could tell by the way her eyes twinkled when she looked at me that her spirit knew who I was, and that kept me going.  Thank heavens for our knowledge of the plan of salvation and that we know we will see our loved ones again.  Though it is still hard to say "goodbye".... we just have to remember it is never really "goodbye" but rather.... "I'll see ya later."

5) One of Jason's best friends got married in San Diego.
Apparently, Slim had too many pictures taken (seeing as it is his wedding day) and was done smiling.... or maybe he was doing the "deer in the headlights" intentionally because he can't believe he actually got married....??? Who knows. Haha. Oh Slim.
       Here we have the "3 J's"  Jeff, Jason, and Jason...... now it got REALLY confusing when in college it became the 5 J's..... especially since it was Jeff, Jason, Jason, Jason, and Jason.  haha. Accordingly, that was the time period in which they all developed nicknames because otherwise it would have been WAY too confusing.  So then they ended up with TJ (tall Jason), Slim (pictured in the middle....skinny Jason), Bert (just was appropriate), and J Dub (Jason "Dubya").  I had a lot of good times with that crew while Jason and I were dating.  We are SO HAPPY for Slim and his wife.

6) We took a snowboarding trip to Park City.
It felt so good to get back on the slopes.  I miss living up there and being able to go whenever we wanted..... now it is more like one weekend trip a year. Sigh..... But we are trying to make the most of it while we still have a connection up there!
      The boarding itself wasn't spectacular because it was slushy.... but I would take slushy over icy ANY DAY.  It just made for a super relaxed (and warm, which I'm a fan of) day. It made me think of the time I was in college and decided it would be fun to wear a "tankini" while spring boarding.  It was fun most of the day..... until the time I fell and then I decided snow down your swimming top is definitely NOT desirable.
Reed

'
David

Jason

While we were up in Salt Lake, Leidy did something really funny at Gma Robert's house.  When we went into our bedroom she started FREAKING out and barking like crazy at the closet.  This was an estranged behavior because typically, she never barks.  Jason and I were looking at each other puzzled, knowing that she only barks when someone is at the door and she is feeling protective, or when she is scared by a loud noise.
      I go in the closet to find:
Santa.  LoL.

She thought it was a person hiding in the closet. haha. But after a performance like that, Santa might not bring her any gifts next Christmas if she's not careful!  Bad moved Leidy!
Speaking of Leidy... we also discovered she still gets car sick :(.  Poor Baby with her head out the window.

7) Our PICs, the Barbers, came to visit from Phoenix for a weekend of adventures!!

They were the very first ones to stay in our guest bedroom. It's nice to have a place for people to actually stay now if they come to visit!  A far cry different from our Phoenix living situation. lol.  We had so much fun with them!

We went to hot yoga, and then bouldering that afternoon (Kelsi's idea.GoFigure. Haha ;) )
Thanks to a little photoshop help.... makes me look even higher in the air. Higher in air=stronger. Success. lol. 

Spent a day hiking in Zion, Tested out our hot tub, made puppy chow, And even roasted Marshmallows in our fire pit!
From the bottom, looking up at Angel's Landing.
On the way up, our men kind of served as our pack mules.  Thanks again darling :).  As you can see by the picture, Collin is a little less enthusiastic about the idea than Jason is.... or maybe Jason is just good about putting on a happy face. 
From the top of Angel's landing looking down.
Victorious!!!!
Enjoying the View

Collin communicating with a squirrel--trying to find out if there was a short cut. But alas, the squirrel reported that for those of us who walk on only two feet, there was no short cut. Sorry Collin.

Seriously. We had such a blast. Can't wait for them to come back!!!!

8) The Blood's came to visit us!!!!
Unfortunately we have no pictures because their time spent with us was WAY too short.... well actually, I do have two pictures of their adorable kiddos, but didn't think they would appreciate me posting them on the blog without permission, so I'm just giving them a shout out instead ;).

9) Natali graduated from law school as #2 in her class at BYU!
Hip Hip, HOORAAAAAAAAY! So proud of her accomplishment. Also very excited for her new adventure in Dallas. However, for selfish reasons I am very glad she will be staying with my parents for the summer so that we will be able to spend time together this summer before she moves several states away.

1 comment:

  1. The next time we come visit, we are for sure going to take some pictures that you can post on your blog! (But, warning, they probably won't be any from high up on a mountain cliff...) Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete